- This event has passed.
A Live Reading: National Tooth Fairy Day with Lori Orlinsky
August 22 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
VIRTUAL EVENT | REGISTER HERE
- THE TOOTH FAIRY’S TUMMY ACHE | BUY HERE
- All registrants receive 10% off book purchase with code ‘EVENT’
Unfamiliar with using Crowdcast? Click GUIDE for new attendees.
Join award-winning children’s author, Lori Orlinsky, on National Tooth Fairy Day as she reads her much-loved book, The Tooth Fairy’s Tummy Ache. Lori’s event will be live-streamed from our new Hawthorn Mall bookstore, so get the little ones ready to hear about the tooth fairy while you get a glimpse of our new digs!
AUGUST 22 IS NATIONAL TOOTH FAIRY DAY!
ABOUT THE BOOK
“Parents will find in it a powerful message not just about missing teeth and rewards (the usual focus of a picture book story involving a tooth fairy), but the importance of telling the truth and the impact on others when lies are spread. These sub-stories make Lori Orlinsky’s The Tooth Fairy’s Tummy Ache a highly recommended, unexpectedly compelling read with a message unequaled in any other tooth fairy picture book tale.” –Midwest Book Review
Ellie has been eagerly awaiting the day she can finally trade in her first baby tooth for a coveted prize from the Tooth Fairy. But when the time comes, the unthinkable happens! Ellie swallows her tooth!
Knowing she can’t disappoint the Tooth Fairy, Ellie decides to lie about what really happened to her tooth. But when her fib leads to big trouble in Fairyland, will Ellie be able to set things right again?
“The Tooth Fairy’s Tummy Ache” Awards & Accolades
– Gold Recipient, 2020 Mom’s Choice Awards (Children’s Book category) | Winner, 2020 Purple Dragonfly Book Awards (Picture Book 6+ category) | Reading With Your Kids (RWYK) Certified Great Read | Reviewed by Midwest Book Review/Children’s Bookwatch | Reviewed by Readers’ Favorite with a 5-star rating
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Lori Orlinsky is a multi-award-winning children’s book author, freelance writer, and marketing director who lives in Chicago. She is certified by the CDC in Bullying Prevention and Response Training and is an ambassador for the PACER’s National Bullying Center. At 5″1, she wishes her book Being Small (Isn’t So Bad After All) was around while she was growing up.
Personal Awards & Accolades
– Named to “36 Under 36” list by JUF Chicago
– Featured on ABC7 Chicago, NBC5 Chicago, WGN9 Chicago & Fox32 Chicago
– Contributor for the TODAY Parenting Team
BEING SMALL | BUY HERE
“Being Small” Awards & Accolades
– Winner, 2019 Author Academy Awards (Children’s Book category) | Gold Recipient, 2019 Mom’s Choice Awards (Children’s Book category) | Winner, 2019 Purple Dragonfly Awards (School Issues category) | Winner, 2019 Royal Dragonfly Book Awards (New Author category) | Winner, 2019 Bookstagram Choice Awards (Bullying Prevention category) | Finalist, 2019 Best Book Awards (Children’s Mind/Body/Spirit category) | Finalist, 2020 National Indie Excellence Book Awards (Picture Books 4-8 category) | Reading With Your Kids (RWYK) Certified Great Read | Story Monsters Approved | Reviewed by Readers’ Favorite with a 5-star rating