- This event has passed.
Grand Re-Opening of Barbara’s Burr Ridge
February 14 - February 16
Join us for the Grand Re-opening of Barbara’s Bookstore next to Topaz Café, featuring freebies, discounts, and entertainment all weekend long. Our neighbor Sephora, the cosmetics boutique will also be hosting their Grand Opening, so stop by!
Friday, February 14
10:30A | Story Time with Indian Prairie Public Library
5:30P | Tomcat Trumpet
- Tomcat Trumpet is Chicago’s most vibrant trumpet player! He is bringing brass into the Chicago dance music scene. Tom is the son of Broadway trumpet player Tim Burke and is following his father’s path in his own way. The two can be seen exchanging trumpet solos on the last Wednesday of each month downtown at AliveOne in a show called The Tomcat Trumpet Experience.
Saturday, February 15
12:00P | Book Signing by Children’s Authors, Faith Goldstein & Lori Orlinsky
- Lori Orlinsky has a new children’s book out. She’ll be signing copies of The Tooth Fairy’s Tummy Ache. Lori is a multi-award-winning children’s book author.
- Faith Goldstein’s debut picture book, Gorillas’ Night Out, is an award-winning book, having been recognized as a Gold Medal winner in the Mom’s Choice Awards for children’s books.
12:00P | Fran Miles of Sparkles Entertainment
- Whether it’s a magician, balloon maker, or a clown, Sparkles will add that extra touch of fun!
2:00P | Musical Performance by Jim Peterik
- Rock and Roll fans are in for a treat! Grammy Award-winning singer/songwriter/rockstar Jim Peterik will make a special appearance to perform and sign copies of his memoir, Through the Eye of the Tiger. What more could any Ides fan or lovers of traditional rock music ask for?
4:00P | Romantic Poetry Readings with Caroline and Tom
- Join Caroline Johnson and her guest, Tom Moran, as they read a series of romantic love poems. Caroline, who has two poetry chapbooks and more than 100 poems in print, was a nominee for the Pushcart Prize and Best of the Net. She has won numerous national poetry awards, including the 2012 Chicago Tribune’s Printers Row Poetry Contest. A former English teacher, Caroline is president of Poets & Patrons of Chicago. Her full-length collection of poems, The Caregiver (Holy Cow! Press, 2018), was inspired by years of family caregiving.
Sunday, February 16
11:00A | Bill Johnson, acoustic guitar player
12:00P | More fun from Sparkles Entertainment